Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope. Don’t be fooled by it being free – this software is amazing.
Note: The original website for the Polar Finder went offline. We took a backup of it at the time and this is a copy of that site. We do not own the copyright or software and is provided as is as a public domain resource.
If you own a decent telescope, an R.A tracking equatorial mount and a polar finder scope then this program is for you!
– What does it do?
The position of Polaris (the Pole Star) is approx 1degree from the true North Celestial Pole (NCP). If you own a telescope with an equatorial mount, you will probably have a polar finder scope to help you align with the NCP. To get really accurate NCP alignment this program will show you where to put polaris in your sights to be correctly aligned.
– What features does it have?
– Generates 1,4, or 6 charts to span your observing session.
– Print and Print preview.
– Export as Bitmap
– Copy to Clipboard (for easy copy into Word, PSP etc)
– Works for anywhere in Northern Hemisphere (Southern hemisphere coming eventually)
– Updates in real time when `Use system time` option selected
– Reverses view to show what you would see through a telescope
– As easy to use as falling off a log.
– What PC spec do I need.
– OS:Tested on Windows 98 and NT4.0 and W2K (Works on XP and Vista too!)
– Memory requirements: Under 100Kb.
– CPU requirements: Virtually zero. Runs in background.
– GFX:The graphics should work on any machine from 256colours to 32bit colour.
You will need the Reticule.bmp files to run properly.
Feel free to edit the reticule bitmap, but dont change its dimensions or the center of the reticule.
– Known Bugs
1. Printing can be in mono on some printers. I am Looking into it.
2. You cant see the bottom two charts when generating 6 charts. They will come out in the printed version.
Moon Phase Connection
Moon Phase Connection
A great website with lots of free downloads for moon phases and lots of information on our nearest neighbor.
Thank you all so much for visiting our site over the years and the amazing feedback. This site is a labour of love and we are passionate about keeping it alive for as long as possible. If you found this site/page helpful why not buy us a coffee to say thank you and say hi. We love to hear how you get on with our tutorials and articles. Mel xx